Manuela offers a variety of events and trainings. Use the calendar or list below to view upcoming events, or alternatively you may enter a search keyword, such as “trauma” or “certificate,” for example. You may also enter the name of the institution or venue.
- This event has passed.
2-Day Trauma Certificate Course-Anaheim
November 29, 2018 - November 30, 2018$399.99 – $439.99
2-Day Trauma Certificate Course:
Somatic Psychotherapy Skills to Bring the Body into Trauma Treatment
Our minds are inescapably connected to our bodies – and treating trauma separate from your clients’ psychophysical experiences can leave a vital aspect of their suffering unaddressed, negatively impacting outcomes.
Mounting evidence tells us that Somatic Psychotherapy may be the future of successfully healing the entire person in the treatment of trauma and stress disorders.
This groundbreaking seminar is your go-to resource for incorporating somatic techniques into your daily clinical practice. Learn when and how to apply somatic psychotherapy approaches with tips and tools that will allow you to read the body in distress and assess your clients’ readiness to apply somatic techniques. Detailed guidance on using safe and highly-effective somatic skills will enable you to confidently work with trauma in the body and help your clients deal with deep emotional processes without overwhelming them.
Walk away from this workshop with:
- Targeted somatic interventions for trauma, stress and PTSD
- Steps to incorporate the body into your current therapeutic approach
- Starting guidelines, safety concerns and keys to success
Sign up today and discover how you can take trauma treatment to the next level with somatic tools and techniques to treat the whole client – body and mind!
- Examine trauma and stress symptoms from a somatic psychotherapy perspective to better inform clinical treatment.
- Evaluate traumatic stress from a psychobiological, social and mindfulness-based understanding to improve clinical treatment outcomes.
- Determine Somatic Psychotherapy readiness in the client to effectively and safely treat trauma and stress.
- Develop targeted somatic clinical skills in the initial trauma treatment phases of stabilization and safety.
- Incorporate clinical somatic skills for self-regulation and stress management in clinical treatment
- Summarize the clinical research that supports the imperative factors influencing the efficacy of trauma treatment to better inform clinical work.
- Utilize clinical somatic skills that promote the stabilization of stress symptoms and anxiety management during trauma treatment.
- Articulate how somatic techniques can impact the nervous system associated with stress and trauma responses and its treatment implications.
- Evaluate how the role of conscious body movements help with symptoms of anxiety when processing trauma.
- Assess how feelings of embodiment can impact the biological stress responses as it relates to case conceptualization.
- Discover how innate healing states can be accessed through somatic body awareness as it relates to clinical treatment.
- Consider the impact of somatic tools on managing the client’s emotions, thoughts and behaviors.